Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1st Day of Preschool






Kade went to his first day of preschool today, September 2nd, 2008. He had really been looking forward to going and to being with the kids in his class. When I picked him up, he first told me all about what he did today, and then he told me, "A kid poked me with his "counter" (calendar) and I had to hit him." I explained that he shouldn't hit, but should try asking the boy nicely not to poke him first and then involve the teacher if that doesn't work. His response was, "But, when people hurt me, I can't control my anger!" I can't control my laughter when he says things like that, so, needless to say, there was a rather long pause before I could give his anger management lesson and I was grateful that he sits directly behind me in the van. I asked him if he wants to go back to school on Thursday, and he said, "No! I want to go tomorrow!" I'm really glad that he liked it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's getting so grownup!! He shouldn't be in preschool yet! Yeah for him! It's great he likes it. We're so proud of both of your smarties!! Can't wait to see them next week! So are you sad or bored with both of them gone for a little while? I feel lost when Don has the kids! I noticed the pictures in the frames. Memories!!! Kade really does look like Brett! Love Ya Lots!

Just Only Me said...

I am in love with that smile.

Tami said...

Woohoo! You blog! You blog! You're a blogger!! (doing the happy dance now!!)

Kade is such a sweet little boy. Looking into that face, those eyes, that sweet little smile...no wonder your mom and dad are so in love with him and miss your boys terribly!

What a blessing he likes preschool so much. Can't wait to hear all about it! (what a character!)