
Sometimes, there is too much of a lull between our rounds of fun and Kade is left to create his own entertainment. Today we experienced one of those times. My friend Evelyn was here in the kitchen with me trying some fun new recipes because I have a party next weekend to which I'm supposed to bring some things to share. We made some "Spicy Wantons" and chocolate-strawberry tartlets. Really fun and super yummy!! As you can imagine, I was just a bit pre-occupied and didn't register in time that Kade was washing his hands in the bathroom for longer than usual and much longer than necessary. Just as the sound of the rushing water brought me to this awareness, I hear, "Um, Mom! I need you!" This is what I found when I sprinted to the bathroom. His explanation was something about the water getting too hot and scaring him down off of the step stool. He is certain that the mess that followed just did that "by itself!" I think he was shocked when I just ran for the camera when he expected to be in big trouble. (A mess is much easier for an OCD Mom to handle when it involves lots and lots of anti-bacterial soap suds.) It was a little hard to be serious or stern with him when I had the giggles. I'm sure you'll see the consequences of the adult way that I handled this situation when I have the chance to capture the even bigger mess that is in my near future. Wish me luck!!
3 comments:
Man, I wish that was the kind of mess my kids make!! BrieAnna flooded the basement on Sunday! Of course insurance won't cover it and I'm left with a bigger mess. Where do I put everything? At one point I used to think I was extremely organized. Now I realize somewhere I was just kidding myself!! I'm sure Jarrett & Priscilla & Kurt already told you how terrible my house is. Oh well! I will laugh about it when they're grown up and I've gained some sense of control! Here's to little messes!!!
What sudsy fun! At least he's clean!
The look on his face...can't decide whether he is in trouble or not!!
You know you are a serious blogger at heart when your first impulse is to run for the camera at these times. So proud of you!!
Post a Comment