Saturday, August 23, 2008
Life lessons
I'm constantly amazed at what parenthood teaches me. But, I'm even more astonished when my children themselves teach me a life lesson. Jordan made a comment to his brother last night that left me thoughtful for quite some time. In a moment of frustration, his brother had chucked something into the room that Jordan and I were in. I took a couple of minutes to explain to him that it is unacceptable to express frustration like that and then went around the corner. I was still in earshot and heard Jordan very gently say to Kade, "Kade, when you do something that hurts someone else, you break a piece of your own heart." Jordan has always had a very powerful conscience and it was humbling to hear him express that in words. I'm grateful for my boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
He's going to make a terrific father someday. He's very wise!
Hey Julie, I am so glad you started a blog, so far you are way better at updating it than I am! So primary pres. huh? We'll that ought to keep you busy! I play the piano in primary (pretty much my fav. calling, don't be jealous!ha!)We wamted to come up this summer and see you guys, but decided to buy a house in July and totally remodel it. It's been crazy trying to get that done, I feel like the whole summer slipped away so fast. Anyway, I'm glad I can see what your up to through blogging.
Wow. Insightful. I'm going to write that down so I remember it forever. Thanks for sharing such a profound moment.
Post a Comment